Portrait Photography Contract, Terms and Conditions. (Oct2021)
COVID 19 UPDATE (Although these specific safety precautions may be subject to change without notice according to government guidelines)
My client's and my family’s safety are paramount. In the current pandemic where there are symptoms of Covid 19 in a client, photographer, or any person they live with the session must be rescheduled.
Bluebell and Lace Photography will endeavour to keep the studio Covid free. All props, outfits, and accessories will be cleaned and washed after/before each session. Any items which cannot be washed will be sprayed with Dettol fabric spray and quarantined for a minimum of 3 days before next use. All surfaces, handles, doors, and furniture will be wiped with disinfectant after each session. Hand gel will be positioned next to the door and must be used upon entering the studio and regularly throughout sessions when necessary. All shoes must be removed at the door and placed in the shoe bucket. Masks must be worn during sessions in accordance with current guidance and only removed for photographing purposes. If any person, client or photographer or their families are displaying symptoms of Covid 19 before or during the session the session must be rescheduled. An email will be sent out 24 hours before the session as a reminder and for confirmation that no persons have symptoms of Covid 19, as detailed by the government.
Only 1 parent to remain in the studio after parent and sibling images have been taken.
Parent are to remain seated unless instructed by the photographer for image or spotting purposes.
There will currently be no toilet facilities available.
All viewing and ordering sessions will take place through a virtual meeting space.
It is mutually agreed that the following terms of agreement, form an integral part of this contract and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless accepted by both the Photographer and the Client, in writing.
Booking and Payment
1. Upon booking, the Photographer will reserve the time and date agreed upon and will not make other reservations for that time and date. The non-refundable session booking Fee is to be paid at the time of booking to secure your Portrait Photography Session. The Client agrees if the balance is not paid at the time of booking, the Photographer cannot guarantee to secure your Portrait Session. The remainder of the session fee will be due on the day before any photographs can be taken.
If you or a member of the group to be photographed become ill before your photography session or viewing session, it will be necessary to reschedule your session. Bluebell and Lace Photography must be informed as soon before the session as possible. Many different sessions take place in Bluebell and Lace Photography studio and to protect my vulnerable clients we run a strict no illness policy. Your session will of course be rescheduled if possible.
If you are unable to attend a session for reasons beyond your control, we will do our very best to arrange another date for you, providing reasonable notice is given before the session begins. In the unlikely event that the Photographer is injured, has an emergency, or becomes too ill to make your session, the Photographer will make every effort to reschedule your session. If this is not possible, you will receive your payment in full as a refund. The session fee is non-refundable should the Client cancel the Session with less than 48 hours’ notice to the photographer. If the Photographer fails to appear at the specified time and location, the session retainer fee shall be refunded in full to the Client.
If the Client should cancel the session or not attend the session without notice, the Booking fee is non-refundable.
2. In the unlikely event that the Photographer at Bluebell and Lace Photography is injured or becomes too ill or has an extreme emergency that prevents her from photographing the event, the Photographer will make every effort to reschedule the event. If this is not possible, the Client will receive their session retainer payment in full.
3. The Clients shall assist and cooperate with the Photographer in obtaining the desired photographs, including but not limited to: specifying persons and/or scenes to be photographed; taking time to pose for photographs at the Photographer’s direction; attending a pre-shoot consultation if required; reading and following any information sent to the Client by the Photographer (such as session preparation and information documents).The Photographer shall not be responsible for photographs not taken as a result of the Client’s failure to provide reasonable assistance or cooperation.
4.The safety and behaviour of all children remains the responsibility of the parent/carer whilst at Bluebell and Lace Photography. You must make the Photographer aware before your session of any additional needs your child or you may have which may affect posing. For cake smashes and sitters’ portraits, your child must be able to sit unaided and unsupported. If this is not the case, you must inform Bluebell and Lace Photography before booking so alternative accommodations can be made.
For Newborn and Baby Sessions the parent/carer is used as a spotter, the safety of the child always remains the parent’s responsibility. Bluebell and Lace Photography will not take responsibility for the safety of any child whilst in the care of the parent.
5. Mobile phone photos are not permitted unless with the express permission of the Photographer. Any incursions to this rule may result in the termination of the session. The Photographer retains permanent copyright to any photographs taken. The Photographer may use images taken at your session for portfolio and networking purposes. This includes (but is not limited to): The Photographer’s website portfolio: Business Facebook page: The Photographer’s portfolio album. Printed products and samples at the Photographer’s studio, business cards and printed information for Clients that the Photographer uses to present their services. The Client will be able to access and share these images as they so wish.
5. Signed---------------------------------------------------- Print-----------------------------------------------
5. Signed---------------------------------------------------- Print-----------------------------------------------
6. Images the Photographer posts online as a preview must not be downloaded, screenshot, cropped or otherwise tampered with - to do so is breaching your contract and may lead to the Photographer taking further action. The images shared online are the final art piece created and are not to be edited or altered in any way by the Client or the Client's family. This constitutes image theft and breach of copyright. Actions the Photographer may take includes (but is not limited to): Termination of future sessions due to breach of copyright and contract / deletion of Client's images from the Photographer's system due to contract being terminated. You are encouraged to share or tag Facebook images, this is in line with your contract, but these images remain the copyrighted property of the photographer and are not to be tampered with.
7. The Photographer retains copyright to the photographs, and hereby grants the Client unlimited (but non-exclusive) rights to use or reproduce the digital photographs for personal purposes only. Purchased Prints are not to be scanned or replicated, doing so is a breach of this contract agreement. Photographs shall be delivered to the Client in the form / package arranged at the ordering appointment. The Client will receive a full print release form to accompany any high resolution digital images purchased after their session, meaning they are able to reproduce these images in any format they wish for personal use (including: Prints, wall art, gifts, cards, online use, mobile phone cases and any other printed goods for personal use).
8. Due to the nature of the product, digital images cannot be refunded once the Client has left the premises. Under no condition is the Client allowed to edit, crop, add filters or tamper with their purchased digital images, to do so is a breach of copyright. The final art pieces created are a representation of the Photographer's work and must not be altered in any way. If you would like a photograph edited in a certain way (for example black and white conversion of a colour image) please speak directly with the Photographer who will be able to assist you.
9. Payment for additional images and products is due at your viewing session. Orders will not be processed without full payment.
All orders placed at your viewing are final, however extra products can be added on within 48 hours.
10. Printed image quality can only be guaranteed when purchasing prints through Bluebell and Lace Photography. Many high street printers do not use calibrated printers and often use automated adjusting equipment therefore the image quality will not be that of a professional print lab.
11. Where a package includes Wall Art Credit this must be redeemed within 30 days of the viewing session and is only available on framed wall art or canvases.
12.Gift Vouchers. Gift Vouchers are valid for a year from date of purchase and are non-Refundable and non - transferable.
The Client agrees that no photographs, digital or prints, will be delivered until full payment is received. Digital processing takes approximately two weeks. High resolution digital images will be provided to the Client no more than thirty-one days after the Portrait Session. The USB stick is a method of delivering digital files to the client and is not intended as permanent storage. It is recommended that the client makes back up copies of the digital files to be kept separately to each other. The photographer can only guarantee the condition of the USB when it leaves the studio. Any defects or technical issues must be reported within 14 days. After this time, the photographer cannot be held responsible of any complications which may or may not be caused by a computer hardware. With regards to wall art and prints any faults must be reported within 14 days.
Bluebell and Lace Photography may change this policy from time to time. This policy is effective from September 2020. We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and your orders
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and the following reasons:
COVID 19 Track and Trace purposes
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not store credit card information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email: email@example.com If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.